Processing Times, Shipping Times & Rates, etc.
- Eyewear (non-prescription) typically ships within 1 business day.
- Parts and accessories typically ship within 1-2 business days.
- Prescription orders generally take 3-8 business days. (Excludes items listed below by *.)
-- October 2023: Mean Average was 5.4; Mode was 6; Minimum was 2; Maximum was 8. (Excludes items listed below by *.)
-- YTD October 2023: Mean Average was 5.4; Mode was 5; Minimum was 2; Maximum was 10. (Excludes items listed below by *.)
-- High maximums are usually caused by quality control issues found right before shipping, requiring a restart and essentially doubling the time.
-- Other factors out of our control: Lens supply issues and lens breakage during processing.
* Extreme or out of the ordinary prescriptions, anti-reflective and mirror coatings and high definition digital lenses (All Additional Rx Options) can add to the processing time (1-6 days each).
In a rush? If you upgrade shipping, you can also email and/or call us to let us know when you need them (specific date required) and we will:
- Ask the lab to rush. (Sometimes, this can shorten the processing time by a day).
- If the timing gets tight, we can ship to a different address as instructed by you, if/when the time comes.
- USPS First Class Mail is temporarily suspended due to Covid-19 and unreliable delivery.
- USPS Priority Mail is $9.95. 1-4 business days in most cases, depending on your address's proximity to Southern California.
- USPS Express Mail is $31.95. Overnight or 2 day delivery to most destinations.
- Federal Express, is at a higher rate (dependent upon address at checkout). Transit times are overnight, excluding Sunday (and possibly Saturday) within the continental U.S. and usually within 2 days to HI and AK.
GLOBAL SHIPPING (outside the US)
We have shipped to over 56 different countries. We regularly ship all over the world, and most likely we can ship it where you want it to go.
*August 21, 202 - We ship to the European Union but don't collect VAT, so you will be responsible for VAT (which may be significant) when it arrives.
We usually offer:
- First Class Mail $24.95 for a single item or $29.95 for two or more items with limited tracking (not offered to Mexico, Central America, South America and some other countries).
Transit times vary (per US Postal), but are generally on the order of a week to a month, averaging about two weeks.
Sometimes can have reliability issues where we have to wait 30 days from shipping, file a claim and restart order.
The US Postal Service requires that the value of the shipment must be less than $400 for this method.
- US Postal Priority International Canada is $33.95; All others $43.95. 6-10 business days per US Postal.
- DHL 3-6 days per DHL (Add 2-3 days for Covid). $41.38-$59.87 price is dependent upon address at checkout. If a remote area surchage applies, we will contact you for an additional payment before processing your order.
- Federal Express (FedEx) generally within 3 business days, is at a higher rate (dependent upon address at checkout).
Please understand that we must follow all the laws and accurately mark the contents and cost of the contents of every parcel accordingly. Customs duties, local taxes, and any additional local fees are not covered by the shipping charge and are the sole responsibility of the customer. Silverfish is not responsible for carrier or customs delays. In our experience, problems are extremely rare.